VACANCY - SALES MANAGER
Wiper and True is brewery based in St Werburghs, Bristol. While wishing to stay relatively small, our aim is to create an international reputation for the quality of our beer.
Our customer base is currently split between local and national trade, with the latter including national listings with Waitrose. We also do a small amount of export.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, your focus will be on strengthening relationships with key local accounts, developing our wholesaler partnerships and forging new business opportunities. We are looking for someone who can bring experience and rigour to developing and implementing a sales strategy that will provide the platform for the next stage of our growth.
· Audit our existing sales activity and work with the Commercial Director to develop a sales strategy that delivers brand and growth objectives
· Work with the rest of the Sales, Marketing and Distribution team to deliver the plan and meet sales targets
· Collaborate with other members of the team on product development and marketing initiatives to help grow the brand
· Take ownership of our on- and off-trade beer sales target
· Develop effective account and channel specific plans
· Develop effective relationships with our key customers
· Work with Commercial Director on seeking out new business opportunities
· Define KPIs and implement detailed monthly reporting and analysis for sales activity
· Represent the Company at events nationally and internationally
· Working with Production Manager on demand forecasting
· Someone who can demonstrate an ability and appetite to deliver growth in a strategic manner balanced with a proactive and adaptable approach
· The ability to provide solutions to business challenges and needs
· Able to work equally well under your own steam and as part of a team
Knowledge, skills and experience
You must have:
· Demonstrable sales experience in this or a similar industry
· A passion for beer, food and flavours
· Strong customer focus
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Pro-active nature, keen to contribute to the growth of the business
· Collaborative mindset
· Enjoy being part of a busy, hard-working team
· Experience of working with data to provide detailed customer and product sales analysis and insights
· Competent at Microsoft Office or Apple operating software, particularly Excel / Numbers
· Full UK Driving Licence
It would be good if you had:
· Knowledge of the beer market
· Experience of working with both the on and off-trade
· Team management experience (although not part of the current role)
The role would suit a sociable person who likes the fact that tasting and talking about beer is ‘work’ and would like to join a small close-knit team. It will require frequent national and occasional international travel.
Location: St Werburghs, Bristol with travel as required.
Hours: Full time.
Salary: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
How to apply
Please send your CV and tell us in approximately 500 words why you think you are the perfect fit to: Francesca at email@example.com
Candidates must be available for an initial phone/Skype interview on Thursday 23rd May.
By submitting your application to Wiper and True you are agreeing that you have read and understood Wiper and True’s
Privacy Notice for Job Applicants, which can be found here:
Closing date for applications: 19th May 2019