Job title - Driver
Wiper and True is a small, fast growing brewery, based in St Werburghs, Bristol. While wishing to stay relatively small, our aim is to create an international reputation for the quality of our beer.
You may have seen our distinctive branding in many of Bristol and Bath’s best bars and restaurants. We also have national distribution ranging from craft beer specialists to Michelin star restaurants and we export our beer to several countries.
This growth means we need to increase the capacity of the Distribution team and are looking for someone to join us as a part time Delivery Driver.
As our Delivery Driver you will be part of the Sales and Marketing team. You will report to the Distribution Manager, working closely with the Sales and Marketing Administrator.
Your calm and organised manner will be tested by the busy nature of the job, delivering to venues all over Bristol. The role involves the heavy lifting of casks, kegs and cases.
For us, Wiper and True’s exceptional quality isn’t limited to the taste of our beer. We’re looking for someone who delights in getting the details right and wants to deliver everything to extraordinary standards.
The position is part time, for two days a week on a Tuesday and Thursday.
· Liaising with the Sales and Marketing Administrator over workload
· Picking stock and loading the van accurately
· Delivering stock to venues all over Bristol
· Interacting with customers in a professional and positive manner
· Handling cash and cheques
· Completing delivery paperwork clearly and accurately
· Completing van check list and carrying out regular checks.
· Rectifying issues where appropriate, and reporting faults or problems to the Distribution Manager
· Calm, professional and customer focused
· Great attention to detail, with high personal standards
· Collaborative, responsible and accountable
· Organised and efficient
· Flexible and comfortable with change
· Pro-active and keen to contribute to the growth of the business
· Willing to embrace a physically demanding job and one that features repetitive tasks
· Passionate about beer, food and flavours
· Enjoy being part of a hard working, busy team
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
You must have
• A full clean driving license
• Excellent organisational skills
• Great attention to detail
• A comfortable and confident manner with customers face to face
• Good verbal communication skills
• A customer-centric approach
It would be good if you had
• Knowledge of the Bristol/South West bar and restaurant market, and the city as a whole
• A passion and understanding of beer or experience in the food and drink sector
The role would suit a sociable person who likes the fact that tasting and talking about beer is ‘work’ and would like to join a small close-knit team.
Location: St Werburghs, Bristol
Hours: 8am - 4pm, two days per week on a Tuesday and Thursday
Salary: Bristol Living Wage £8.75/hour
How to apply
Please send your CV along with a brief cover email explaining why you are interested in the role to: Francesca at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify in the subject of the email that you are applying for the job of Driver.
Closing date for applications: 23rd January 2018
Interviews: likely to be held on 26th January 2018