Tap Room Manager
Wiper and True is looking for a knowledgeable and experienced person to manage its brewery based tap room. The successful candidate will be passionate about serving a variety of the brewery’s freshest and most varied beers. Bottles, cases and merchandise are also sold from the venue. Weekly brewery tours are held, which are pre-booked via an online platform and host up to 15 people. As of April 2019 there will also be monthly Sunday markets at the tap room which showcase local Bristol creatives.
You and your team will deliver extraordinary customer service and an informative and engaging experience for customers. You will strive to hit the weekly sales targets and adapt and innovate to ensure growth is sustained. You will manage up to five Front of House staff at one time. In addition to your front of house and management responsibilities, you will be responsible for the administration and resourcing of the tap room. You will also work closely with the Marketing team to propose and execute original ideas for promotion and events at the tap room.
This position is full time spread over the following hours and days:
Friday 15:00 – 00:00
Saturday 11:00 – 00:00
Sunday 11.00 – 18:30 (once a month)
Additional hours 14.5 hours per week for administration, management, reporting, cleaning etc.
During your induction period these hours may vary slightly as there will be additional training required.
- Deliver the sales and marketing objectives of the tap room
- Working with the sales and marketing team, develop new ways of promoting and driving customers to the tap room
- Design the beer list in liaison with the sales and marketing team
- Stock management, ordering and rotation
- Manage the till system, creating new products and list prices
- Coordinate staff rotas and training to ensure that each shift has a fully trained team
- Recruit front of house staff when required
- Manage front of house staff
- Respond to all enquiries
- Carry out line cleaning weekly
- Organise food vendors
- Organise market vendors
- Organise the set up and close down of the venue in a timely manner
- Serve beer to customers in a responsible way, whether drinking in or taking out
- Oversee cellar management and dispense
- Carry out one hour brewery tours when required
- Ensure a positive customer experience, with a focus on being engaging and educational
- Handle cash and operate the till system
- Cash up and report any irregularities
- Ensure fastidious cleaning protocols are followed and the bar and shop are kept clean at all times
- Adhere to and regularly review the health and safety and standard operating policies and procedures
- Ensure adherence to licensing conditions at all times
- Ensure that all reasonable care is taken for the health and safety of yourself, employees, guests and other persons on the premises
- Deal with any customer complaints in a professional manner and according to the procedures provided
- Report weekly on the sales performance and make recommendations for future strategies.
- You will need to undergo fire warden training, first aid training, licensing and social responsibility training and also join our brewers for a brew day to further your understanding of our brewery kit and process.
- Exceptional people skills
- Enjoy being part of a hard working, busy team
- Calm, professional and customer focused, even under pressure
- Organised and efficient with strong administrative skills
- Passionate about beer, food and flavours
- Collaborative, responsible and accountable
- Proactive and keen to contribute to the growth of the business
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
You must have
- Experience in a management position in a pub, bar or restaurant
- Knowledge of cellar dispense and line cleaning
- Proficiency in Excel/Numbers, Word/Pages and other computer packages
- A comfortable and confident manner with customers face to face
- A passion and understanding of beer
It would be good if you had
- Knowledge of the brewery management software, Brew Man
- Cellar, dispense and tasting qualifications e.g. Cicerone
- First aider qualification
The role would suit a sociable person who likes the fact that tasting and talking about beer is ‘work’ and would like to join a small close-knit team.
How to apply
How to apply
Please tell us why you think you are the perfect fit in no more than 200 words and send with your CV to: Francesca at email@example.com
By submitting your application to Wiper and True you are agreeing that you have read and understood Wiper and True’s Privacy Notice for Job Applicants, which can be found here.
Salary: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 20th March 2019
Interviews: Provisionally 26 – 27th March 2019
Start date: April 2019